I've been tagged again and this time it's by the pretty Mrs. Ezman all the way in Sabah! Thank you for this very simple yet meaningful tag. This one is all about breast cancer, which everyone knows is one of the most life-threatening diseases today. I'm doing my part in spreading awareness on breast cancer by sharing some scary yet so very true facts on breast cancer. Ladies, do take note!
* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival.
Facts taken from Women's Health
PS. Please come up with your own contribution on breast cancer awareness. The facts above are my contribution on behalf of MPG, so a different piece from everyone will be much appreciated and adds more variety to the topic of breast cancer. Jean did an excellent job with her post, so you can check hers out! :)
- Put the logo in your blog.
- Add a link to the person who shared it with you.
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs
- Add your link to the list of participants below
- Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
1- Fara 2- Massy 3- N.O.Y 4- Mariuca 5- A Great Pleasure 6- LadyJava 7- Kim 8- Pink Thoughts 9- Turn-u-Off 10- Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 11- STAY AT HOME MOM 12- Fida Abbott 13- Also Mommy 14- Janice Ng 15- The Painted Veil 16- Confessions Of A Breathing Tote Bag 17- Mumblings 18- YOU Next!
I would also like to pass on this tag to my other not so pinky buddies like Nessa, Grandy, Debbie, Roxy, Sushi, Erisha, Marvic, Janice, T.H. Trinity, LadyJava and NAFASg.
Do let me know once you have joined the PINK Sisterhood and I'll add you to my list here! :)